- 0 student
- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 10 week duration
- The Curriculum Guide aims to provide basic knowledge on the use of e-governance and its importance to society. In particular, it examines the basics of e-governance and security measures; e-governance laws and policies; and the economy of e-governance. In addition, models of best practices in e-governance will be taught. The guide aims to develop the ability and skills necessary for employees to use e-governance in their country, in local vernacular languages where applicable.
- Build skills and provide knowledge on possible innovations in public administration through the use of ICT;
- Develop capacities on the effective use of ICT in the public sector and of governance for improved delivery of public services to citizens;
- Enhance the transparency and accountability of governments by providing them with timely and reliable information;
- Enhance citizen participation in local government decisions using ICT tools.
Courses on e-governance for policy-makers
- The following courses focus on awareness-building in the use of e-governance in formulating and implementing policies and programmes, in order to improve government efficiency and overall performance.
- e-Gov 500 Concept of e-archive and e-portal
- In this course, the students will learn to: o use a one-stop-shop single window; o understand the need for setting up e-government portal; o understand the source of archived information (laws, policies and documents); o access databases (e.g. internet access to downloadable information such as statistics).
e-Gov 501 Use of data and e-governance
- In this course, students will learn about: o e-governance services delivery by different sectors and access to information; o understanding the quality and relevance of e-consultations and information-sharing; o understanding the need for networking and collaboration with partner institutions through e-governance; o setting up a regional network on e-governance.
e-Gov 503 Requirements for e-governance implementation; law and training
- This course will provide the students with: o understanding of the need for policies on e-governance; o a review of legal texts, regulations, procedures, equipments, working environment and their adaptation to the efficient use of ICT for better productivity and performance; o understanding of the need to provide a continuous training in e-governance; o understanding of the need for electronic training in public administration and governance
Courses on e-governance for managers or administrators
- The courses designed for this target audience will focus on managerial and professional aspects of public service at central and local levels. This concerns the use of ICT in managing human resources; budgeting and accounting; procurement; records management; planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of services and activities.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings